Totally random dump of facts.
- To enforce a particular directory as the root directory for Pytest, just drop an empty pytest.ini file into the directory that you want to be the root directory.
- To ensure that a GoCD pipeline can only run based on timer and never on a material, mark the first stage of that pipeline as manual. Or mark it as manual in the template itself.
- Idempotency is an essential feature of automation software like Ansible and FreedomBox. I wonder if there's a way to write a test suite that checks each action in the system for idempotency.
- Download a youtube playlist using
$ youtube-dl -t <url>
- Android activities are destroyed and recreated on screen orientation change. To avoid this, set
android:configChanges="orientation|screenSize"under the Activity tag inside the AndroidManifest.xml. This only works if the minimum target version is API 13 or more.
- To add a location to bookmarks in Nautilus file manager (default in Gnome 3), navigate to the directory and press Ctrl+D
- Use org + LaTeX Beamer to rapidly create presentations. A simpler tool is mdp (markdown presenter)
- Lektor builds a website by taking all the files in the content/ folder, processing them according to the rules of your Models and rendering them by using templates.
- Create a REPL inside a Clojure REPL
(defmacro loop_ [& body] `(while true ~@body)) (-> (read) (eval) (println) (loop_))